Apply ethical standards to the proposed research and identify potential ethical issues that would apply. Explain how you plan to address these issues.
Week 6 – Interactive Assignment
No unread replies.11 reply.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Topic and Research Design Presentation and Rationale
Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, it is recommended that you review the recommended resources for this week as they will assist you in the creation of an effective presentation of your Research Design.
This interactive assignment will provide you with an opportunity to create a dynamic presentation of some of the materials you are creating for your Research Proposal. This type of presentation would be used in the professional world to request Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, and potentially elicit funding, for your research.
In your presentation, summarize the main points and ideas for your Research Design. Over the course of the week, you will have the opportunity to share feedback and suggestions with your classmates and instructor, which may assist you in improving your research proposal before submitting the Research Proposal.
For this interactive assignment, create a presentation file using PowerPoint and then create a three- to five-minute screencast video of your presentation with pertinent audio that includes important points about the content of each slide. In order to make sure your video remains within the 3-5 minute time requirement, create a script for your screencast video. You must attach your script to your initial post. It is recommended you rehearse your presentation using your script to ensure that you are within the time limit and that all pertinent information is presented in a manner that is easy to understand. You may use any screencasting software of your choice (e.g., Screencast-O-Matic, Jing, etc.). A quick-start guide is available for Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for your convenience.
The content of the presentation must include the following:
- A brief introduction
- Devise a specific research question related to the topic you chose in Week One.
- Explain the importance of the topic and research question.
- A brief literature review
- Evaluate published research studies on your topic found during your work on the Weeks One, Two, and Four assignments and identify two relevant published studies.
- A description of potential methods
- Based on what you have learned about research design options and requirements in this course, create an appropriate research approach and design to investigate your research question.
- Provide a rationale for your design choices.
- A discussion on ethical issues
- Apply ethical standards to the proposed research and identify potential ethical issues that would apply. Explain how you plan to address these issues.
- A conclusion
- Summarize the main points of the presentation and reiterate why the proposed research is important and why it should be carried out.