Assignment 1: Creating a Compelling Vision
Leaders today must be able to create a compelling vision for the organization. They also must be able to create an aligned strategy and then execute it. Visions have two parts, the envisioned future and the core values that support that vision of the future. The ability to create a compelling vision is the primary distinction between leadership and management. Leaders need to create a vision that will frame the decisions and behavior of the organization and keep it focused on the future while also delivering on the short-term goals.
Respond to the following:
- Assess your current leaders. These leaders could be those at your current or previous organizations or your educational institutions.
- How effective are they at creating and communicating the organization vision?
- How effective are they at developing a strategy and communicating it throughout the organization?
- How effective are they at upholding the values of the organization?
Support your positions with specific examples or by citing credible sources.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Wednesday, September 4, 2013, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area
Assignment 2: Leader Profile
Many argue that the single largest variable in organizational success is leadership. Effective leadership can transform an organization and create a positive environment for all stakeholders. In this assignment, you will have the chance to evaluate a leader and identify what makes him/her effective.
Consider all the leaders who have affected your life in some way. Think of people with whom you workâ€”community leaders, a family member, or anyone who has had a direct impact on you.
- Choose one leader you consider to be effective. Write a paper addressing the following:
- Explain how this leader has influenced you and why you think he/she is effective.
- Analyze what characteristics or qualities this person possesses that affected you most.
- Create a leadership scorecard to assess this leader. You decide what scores to include (e.g., scale of 1â€“5, 5 being the highest) but be sure to assess the leader holistically across the critical leadership competencies you feel most important (e.g., visioning, empowering, strategy development and communication).
- Critique this individualâ€™s skills against what you have learned about leadership so far in this course.
Â§ How well do they meet the practices covered in your required readings?
Â§ How well have they adapted to the challenges facing leaders today?
Â§ If you could recommend changes to their leadership approach, philosophy, and style, what would you suggest? Why?
Using the module readings, University online library resources, and the Internet including general organizational sources like the Wall Street Journal,BusinessWeek, or Harvard Business Review, build a leadership profile of the leader you selected. Include information from personal experiences as well as general postings on the selected leader from Internet sources like blogs. Be sure to include 2â€“3 additional resources not already included in the required readings in support of your leadership profile.
Write a 5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
By Sunday, September 8, 2013, deliver your assignment to the
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Â· Explained how this leader has been influential and why you think the leader is effective showing analysis of the leaderâ€™s characteristics or qualities.
Â· Analyzed the characteristics or qualities the leader possesses that has affected you most.
Â· Created a leadership scorecard to assess the leader including visioning, empowering, strategy development and communication.
Â· Critiqued the leaderâ€™s individual skills against your required readings.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Originally posted 2021-06-26 01:29:13.