During this week you will work in the discussion area to identify a research question created in Week 1 that would utilize one of the following: simple linear, multiple, or logistic correlation and regression. This discussion will help you work towards your “Week 5 Assignment.” If there are no research questions that fit these types of statistical analyses, you will need to decide on a new question before moving forward with the assignment.
In your initial posting for this assignment, include the following:
- Identify an appropriate research question that would require the use of a correlation and regression, either simple linear, multiple, or logistic. Pick the question from the list created in Week 1 or identify a new question if there are no appropriate ones from Week 1.
- Describe why this question is appropriate for the selected statistical test.
- Identify the variables in this study and each of their attributes: discrete or continuous, quantitative or categorical, and scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio).
- Do the variables fit the qualifications for the selected statistical test? Explain.
- What type of correlation would you expect to find for this study (i.e., positive or negative), if this type of test was chosen? Explain.
- What predictions might you be interested in making with these variables if the correlation is found to be significant?
- List the statistical notation and written explanation for the null and alternative hypotheses.
- Describe the types of errors that could occur.