As outlined in the lecture this week, an incubator is a large firm that nurtures many companies and invests in business ideas. Incubators provide support in many ways and you would like to submit your idea to Rollins Incubator, Inc. in order to benefit from their management and financial support.
You are an entrepreneur that wants to be funded by Rollins Incubator, Inc. You have an outstanding idea that needs funding and you feel that bringing your idea to an incubator would increase your chances of success.
You have contacted Janet Rodgers, the Vice President of Business Development of Rollins Incubator, Inc., and she told you that you will have 5 minutes with the Michael Rollins, the CEO of Rollins Incubator, Inc.
Given the scenario, your role and the information provided by the key players involved, it is time for you to make a decision.
Develop a 12-slide PowerPoint presentation to pitch your idea to Mr. Rollins. Your slideshow must be succinct, compelling, and should include the following elements.
- Slide 1: State your company name and motto, with a tagline and a date.
- Slide 2: Review business proposition, what will your business create?
- Slide 4: Share your objective, how much money do you need, and why you are here?
- Slide 3: Review technology platforms you intend to use.
- Slide 5: Provide current market review; detail the market; how big is the market?
- Slide 6: Provide forecast for current market.
- Slide 7: Market competition, who do you sell the product to and how big is that market?
- Slide 8: Review business model drivers, what makes you unique from the competition?
- Slide 9: Review potential risks.
- Slide 10: Review the management team with whom you will partner, including yourself.
- Slide 11: Financials; basic revenues and costs, and profits in a 3 to 5 year term.
- Slide 12: Amount of money needed to fund your idea, with a basic breakdown of where the money will go.
Be sure to use the Notes section of the PowerPoint to highlight your presentation information. Keep these notes succinct as well.