Discussion And Assignment
Discussion: Impact of Ageism and Adultism
Adultism refers to the oppression of young people by adults. The popular saying “children should be seen and not heard” is used as a way to remind a child of his or her place and reaffirm the adult’s power in the relationship. The saying suggests that children’s voices are not as important or as valid as an adult’s and they should remain quiet. Children are often relegated to subordinate positions due to socially constructed beliefs about what they can or cannot accomplish or what they should or should not do; this in turn compromises youth’s self-determination. This oppression is further highlighted when considering the intersection of age with race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and sexual orientation. You will be asked to consider all of these when reviewing the Logan case and Parker case.
Post an analysis of the influence of adultism in the Logan case. Then, explain how gender, race, class, and privilege interact with adultism to influence the family’s discourse related to Eboni’s pregnancy as well as other family dynamics.
Plummer, S.-B., Makris, S., & Brocksen S. M. (Eds.). (2014). Sessions: Case histories. Baltimore, MD: Laureate International Universities Publishing. [Vital Source e-reader].
· “The Parker Family”
· “The Logan Family
Adams, M., Blumenfeld, W. J., Castaneda, C., Catalano, D. C. J., DeJong, K., Hackman, H. W,… Zuniga, X. (Eds.). (2018). Readings for diversity and social justice (4th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge Press
Assignment: Power Point– Diversity Awareness & Self Reflection
PowerPoint presentation and transcript of presentation. This final project allows faculty to evaluate how you integrate the various concepts related to diversity, human rights, and social justice.
· Describe the cultural event in which you participated. (Local Agencies) Community Service Board that services the community./ Social Services
· Explain how this experience influenced your perceptions of diversity and difference.
· Analyze at least 3 key concepts from this course in relation to this experience.
· Define what it means to you to engage with diversity and difference in practice.
· Describe two challenges associated with discussing and reflecting on diversity related content.
· Describe one strategy to address these challenges.
· Identify one positive emotion and one negative emotion that surfaced during the past 10 weeks of the course.
· Describe one strategy to address the negative emotion in order to continue developing cultural awareness.
· Explain specific steps that you will take to advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice based on what you have learned in this course
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Originally posted 2022-04-25 01:41:56.