Explain the empirical research presented in your assigned article, applying appropriate citations and references.
- “Flexible Retrieval: When True Inferences Produce False Memories”
- “Memory Suppression in Alzheimer’s Disease”
- “Mnemonic Instruction in Science and Social Studies for Students with Learning Problems: A Review”
- “Short-Term Memory and Long-Term Memory Are Still Different”
- “The Development of Real-Time Stability Supports Visual Working Memory Performance: Young Children’s Feature Binding Can Be Improved Through Perceptual Structure”
In your initial post, you will apply what you learned from each of the five articles, but you will discuss the findings and implications for just one of these articles. The articles are assigned based on the first letter of your last name. Please see the list below to determine which of the articles you will focus on for your initial post based on the first letter of your last name:
- A through E: “Flexible Retrieval: When True Inferences Produce False Memories”
In your initial post,
- Explain the empirical research presented in your assigned article, applying appropriate citations and references.
- Describe, in your own words, how the research relates to your own experiences as well as how this area of psychology may have affected your past or current beliefs about memory development. Do the research findings refute or support your current beliefs, and in what ways? Are there variables about memory of which you were unaware based on your article?
- Apply skeptical inquiry to the potential problems that might arise from research in the area of memory, and relate it to the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Provide a rationale for whether or not this premise is valid and/or appropriate based on the findings reported by the assigned articles.
It is recommended that you research articles in the Ashford University Library to support your assertions if the required articles do not provide sufficient information. Your initial post should be at least 500 words in length.