This weekâ€™s second discussion forum will focus on two selected groups:
- Vulnerable mothers and children
- People affected by alcohol and substance abuse
Review the video segments titled â€œPremature Babies: Risks and Costsâ€ (Vulnerable Mothers and Children group) and â€œSocial Cost of Alcohol Abuseâ€ (People Affected by Alcohol and Substance Abuse group) through the Films On Demand database or in the textbook.
- For each segment, select three specific factors from Chapter 2 (e.g., age, gender, culture, ethnicity, education, and income) that are present.
- Reflecting on your experiences and knowledge gained in previous courses, discuss how these factors relate to the groupâ€™s vulnerability.
- Based on the selected factors, assess the health care needs that can be inferred for each group. Discuss which approach(es) to care from Chapter 4, Section 4.1 (i.e., preventive, treatment, or long term), might help address them.
Your initial contribution should be 250 to 300 words in length. Your research and claims must be supported by your course text and at least one other scholarly source. Use proper APA formatting