Write a Javaâ„¢ GUI application using NetBeansâ„¢ Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that does home utility auditing.
The user should be able to:
- Enter the cost per kilowatt-hour.
- Select from a list of 5- to 7-home appliances which includes a washer, among other appliances.
- Enter the power needed in kilowatts (kW) for the selected appliance.
- Enter the number of hours used per day for the selected appliance.
- If the washer is selected, enter both the number of gallons of water used by the washer per hour and the cost per gallon.
The program should:
- Validate that the data entered has the correct format, and is within a reasonable range.
- Calculate and display the cost for operating a home appliance as soon as the data is entered.
- Create a listing area to display each of the following for each appliance entered:
- Home Appliance
- Number of hours per day
- Display and update the total cost of all appliances, as soon as a new entry is added to the listing area.
The Javaâ„¢ application should meet these technical requirements:
- The application should have at least one class, in addition to the application’s controlling class (a controlling class is where the main function resides).
- There should be proper documentation in the source code.