- Use the IRAC method to outline Kaspersky Lab, Inc. v. United States Department of Homeland Security, or Department of Homeland Security v MacLean https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/13-894 . Produce a three to six page (3-6) analysis utilizing the IRAC—issue, rule, analysis, conclusion—method in the module 2 commentary. IRAC is a method used to deconstruct a judicial opinion, but it can be used for anything that you read. Identifying and assessing the merits of an argument or position are an academic skill that you will continue to apply and develop. Use this template for your paper with the American Psychological Association (APA) style and format, 6th edition. Note that no additional research is required. All the information is contained in the case.
Grades are based on the following:
- Identification and articulation of the specific, general, and sub-issue(s), rule, analysis, and conclusion;
- Description of the dicta (opinions of the court on related issues, and not part of the official ruling);
- Provide a balance analysis of the majority opinion versus the minority opinion, pro vs con on the case
- Fully preforming the task assigned;
- Keep the Sourced Material under 20% in Turnitin.com
- Provide your personal opinion of the case in the conclusion and explain why;
- Offering creative and/or critical opinions;
- Expressing yourself clearly and concisely;
- Forming logical arguments and conclusions;
- Grammar and compliance to APA (6th) including citations and reference page
- Double spaced; and
Times New Roman, 12 point font.
Please refer to the IRAC template that has been posted under Content/Helpful Writing Tips