MRS ANNA LENSKA IS A 68 YEAR OLD RETIRED WOMAN WHO, FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS,
MRS ANNA LENSKA IS A 68 YEAR OLD RETIRED WOMAN WHO, FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS, HAS BEEN A CLIENT OF THE COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICE FOR TREATMENT OF AN ULCER ON HER RIGHT LOWER LEG. SHE HAS A HISTORY OF HYPERTENSION AND TYPE 2 DIABETES REQUIRING ORAL HYPOGLYCAEMICS.
The aim of this assignment is for students to demonstrate an understanding of health promotion
strategies, including education strategies that address the needs of clients with chronic diseases that
empowers them to self-manage their condition. The provision of education to enable people to make
decisions and to take actions in relation to their health is part of the role of the Registered Nurse
(Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, 2016).
This assignment addresses the following course learning outcomes:
1. Apply health promotion and illness prevention practices to support people diagnosed with chronic
2. Evaluate person-centred care for optimal self-management and promotion of active participation of
both individuals and families in symptomatic management of chronic disease;
3. Analyse primary health care and health promotion strategies that address the needs of those with
For this assignment, you are required to choose one (1) client scenario from the two options given
below and address the following criteria:
1. Provide an overview of the chosen client’s chronic condition/illness;
2. Describe two (2) actual and/or potential health concerns for the client;
3. Identify two (2) appropriate topics for client education (one topic for each health concern).
Explain how each topic addresses the actual and/or potential health concern for the client and
how each topic will assist the client to self-manage their chronic condition and optimise their
4. Describe two (2) specific, appropriate client education strategies that the Registered Nurse
would use to teach the chosen education topics (one strategy for each topic). Include details of
how the education will be structured and delivered (i.e. method/tool used, setting for education,
participants to be involved, etc).
5. Justify your choice of education strategies for this particular client.
● Ensure you use a client /patient-centred and/or family-centred approach that optimises
individual self-management and promotes active participation of the individual and family in
● You must support all sections of your essay with scholarly literature from the past 10 years.
Please ensure that your submitted assignment includes:
1. An Assignment Title Page as per the Griffith Health Writing & Referencing Guide.
2. Present your essay, correctly formatted as per the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing
formatting guidelines (e.g. spacing, page number, etc.), AND a correctly formatted reference list
according to APA 6th edition. You do not need to include the marking criteria with your
The post MRS ANNA LENSKA IS A 68 YEAR OLD RETIRED WOMAN WHO, FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS, appeared first on nursing term paper.