What would happen if a species within a population were suddenly split into 2 groups by an earthquake that creates a physical barrier like a canyon?
Underneath is a lab worsheet, please incorporate. Thanks…Only 1 page APA format
Instructor’s Name:Sylvia Nemmers
Assignment: SCI203 Phase 2 Lab Report
Instructions: You will need to write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method to answer the following question:
- What would happen if a species within a population were suddenly split into 2 groups by an earthquake that creates a physical barrier like a canyon?
When your lab report is complete – submit it in the classroom.
Part I: Use the animated time progression of speciation to help you write up your lab report.
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
- State the purpose of the lab.
- This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
- Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
- A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
- Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
- Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results. Also discuss the results and what you learned from this lab.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.