Visit one of the online locations listed below or select a religious site which provides a virtual tour that matches your interests. Write a report in your own words that shares your experience with the class (please be careful not to plagiarize [do not simply copy and paste from the website or another student’s posting]… see plagiarism policy in the Syllabus).
Your report should be at least 250 words (of course longer is fine) and needs to include your responses to the following questions:
- Why did you choose the site that you did?
- Which world religion does the site represent?
- What did you learn about this particular place that you didn’t know before your visit to this site?
- What would you like to explore in more detail if you were given the opportunity to visit this religious site in person? [please be specific, don’t just say, ‘I would like to explore this place’]
- Provide one other website connected to a religious site not on the list which has an on-line field trip that you would recommend to the class. [The recommended website must represent a different location from the one you wrote your report on.]
Post your report on the On-line Field Trip discussion group prior to 11:59pm on 11/10. This assignment is worth 10% of your final grade or 100 points.
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000322 EndHTML:000110143 StartFragment:000002431 EndFragment:000109998 StartSelection:000002541 EndSelection:000109979 SourceURL:https://dcccd.blackboard.com/webapps/discussionboard/do/conference?toggle_mode=read&action=list_forums&course_id=_343684_1&nav=discussion_board_entry&mode=view
Gautama) http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/666Cathedral of Notre Dame http://www.notredamedeparis.fr/-English-The Buddhist Center of Dallas [Theravada Buddhism/Thailand] http://www.watdallas.com/Grand Palace in Thailand https://www.royalgrandpalace.th/en/home
Nyamgal Monastery [Dalai Lama/Tibetan Buddhism] https://www.namgyal.org/Vatican City http://www.vatican.va/Virtual Hajj https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/hajj360/index.html
Islamic Association of North Texas [Richardson Mosque] http://www.iant.com/ Washington National Cathedral http://www.cathedral.org/cathedral/Kandariya Mahadeva Temple (India)Stonehenge Monument (Ancient England) www.stonehenge.co.uk/The Jerusalem Great Synagogue [Israel] http://www.jerusalemgreatsynagogue.com/EN_HomePage.aspx The National Synagogue http://www.ostns.org/Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople (Eastern Orthodox Church) https://www.patriarchate.org/home
Lalibela Stone Cross Churches (Ethiopian Orthodox Church) http://www.sacred-destinations.com/ethiopia/lalibela-photos/Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered (Judaism) http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il/Church of the Holy Sepulchre (Jerusalem) www.holysepulchre.com/Moscow Cathedral of Christ the Savior (Russian Orthodox Church) http://www.xxc.ru/english/index.htmDome of the Rock (Jerusalem) http://www.3dmekanlar.com/en/dome-of-the-rock.html
Zoroastrian sacred fire temples http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/temples/White Horse Mountain temple complex (Taoism/China) http://fiveimmortals.com/