Psychotherapy With Individuals And Families
Practicum Journal – Psychotherapy with groups and families
· Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
· Summarize goals and objectives for personal practicum experiences*
· Produce timelines for practicum activities*
· In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy.
Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, can use evidenced based outside Resources.
· Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
Reading Resources ( Need 3 references)
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.