https://advancednursingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/nursingtutors-300x54.png 0 0 Alice Muthoni https://advancednursingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/nursingtutors-300x54.png Alice Muthoni2023-03-21 01:48:132023-03-21 01:48:13Role Of Advocacy Of Self-Care
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Role Of Advocacy Of Self-Care
a description of why advocating for students to engage in self-care is important. How has this class supported self-care? How will you take what you have learned in this course and use it once you start counseling clients? Support your response with the Learning Resources or current literature.
- Course Text: Secondary Traumatic Stress: Self-Care Issues for Clinicians, Researchers, and Educators
- Chapter 11, “Creating Virtual Community: Telehealth and Self Care Updated”
- Chapter 15, “The Germ Theory of Trauma: The Impossibility of Ethical Neutrality”
- Course Text: Compassion Fatigue: Coping with Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder in Those Who Treat the Traumatized
- Chapter 9, “Preventing Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder”
- Article: Gomez, C., & Yassen, J. (2007). Revolutionizing the clinical frame: Individual and social advocacy practice on behalf of trauma survivors. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment & Trauma, 14(1/2), 245–263.
- Article: Myers, J. E., Sweeney, T. J., & White, V. E. (2002). Advocacy for counseling and counselors: A professional imperative. Journal of Counseling and Development, 80(4), 394–403.
- Article: Osborne, J. L., Collison, B. B., House, R. M., Gray, L. A., Firth, J., & Lou, M. (1998). Developing a social advocacy model for counselor education. Counselor Education and Supervision, 37(3), 190 – 203.
- Article: Ratts, M. J. (2008). A pragmatic view of social justice advocacy: Infusing micro level social justice advocacy strategies into counseling practices. Counseling and Human Development, 41(1),1–8.
- Article: Tesolowski, D. G., Rosenberg, H., & Stein, S. J. (1983). Advocacy intervention: A responsibility of human services professionals. Journal of Rehabilitation, 49(3), 35–38.
- ACA Taskforce on Counselor Wellness and Impairment: http://www.counseling.org/knowledge-center/counselor-wellness