PART I: SHORT RESPONSE
Write a response to the following prompt using proper APA Style.
Prompt: You will watch a short sales presentation for an “As Seen on TV” product.
Step 1: Review the information presented in Module 4 that discusses organizing a speech.
Step 2: Select a short infomercial presentation to watch.
1. Navigate to the following website: http://www.asseenontv.com/.
2. Scroll down to the Best Sellers section.
3. Select one of the top selling products.
4. Toward the left side of the screen, there is a Play Video Clip button. Click the Play button to start the presentation.
Step 3: Watch the presentation video.
Step 4: Answer the following questions:
1. How was the presentation organized?
2. Do you believe the organization of the presentation was successful? Explain.
3. What would you change about the presentation and why?
Step 5: Save and submit your document. Remember to use proper APA Style.
PART II: SPEECH
Modules 1 through 4 Homework Assignments will be a continuation of the speech process. You will construct your speech by answering the following prompt, which will be given at the beginning of each homework assignment. This is a step-by-step process. As long as you read the textbook, read the online material, and complete the activities, you will not encounter much difficulty.
Prompt: Childhood obesity is growing at an increasing rate. Should fatty foods, such as potato chips, cookies, and soft drinks, be banned from elementary school? Develop a persuasive speech that argues for or against banning fatty foods from elementary school. You will construct a traditional, five-paragraph speech (introductory paragraph, 3 body paragraphs, concluding paragraph) that answers this prompt. The total length of pages should not exceed 3 typed pages.
1. You will present your speech via phone to your instructor.
· NOTE: To present your speech, please follow the Speech 1: Delivery Instructions in iBoard.
2. Please be sure to practice your speech before presenting it to the instructor.