Unit 5 Assignment â€“ Project Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Outcomes assessed in the Assignment:
GB519-5: Investigate global interconnectedness as it applies to the field of study.
PC-6.1: Incorporate data, inferences, and reasoning to solve problems.
Note: The Course Outcomes and the Professional Competency Outcomes are very important components of the course and the metrics used to quantify your overall learning experience.
The second and final part of the Project is due at the end of Unit 5. Part 2 of the Case Study is a PowerPoint presentation with voiceover recording. (VOICE-OVER I WILL DO) The Voiceover will be the narrative you would be presenting as if this were a live presentation. You will, in essence, be making a presentation to the Board of Directors of your organization.
Your Unit 4 – Part 1 of the Case Study (ATTACHED) will be the starting point for your PowerPoint presentation. But, the Presentation will include an ADDITIONAL segment not required in the Case Paper.
Like the Unit 4- Case Study Part 1 â€“ your PPT Presentation should:
- Be based on the Unit Reading and additional articles
- Begin with a brief review of the organization. Keep in mind that the members of the board may or may not have read the report you completed in Parts 1 of the Project. Even though this will be a brief presentation, it should include all essential information and data.
- Identify significant costs in your organization.
- Include a section devoted to Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis (CVP).
- Discuss budgeting considerations. Include the organizationâ€™s budget process, the organizationâ€™s budget variances and discuss management decisions related to budgeting.
- Present a balanced scorecard, incorporating all four of the organizational dimensions (financial, customer, internal business, and learning and growth).
- Create a â€œStrategy Mapâ€ for your organization.
NEW REQUIREMENT FOR THE PRESENTATION: Next, incorporate a discussion of â€œGlobal Interconnectednessâ€ as it applies to your organization. Use the textbook and the additional article readings as a basis for analysis. For example, how do global economic pressures impact your organization? Are there any direct or indirect international competitors? If so, how is that competition managed? Discuss any heuristic implications or biases based on Global Interconnectedness.
Finally, end with a summary review (A formal â€œConclusionâ€ slide is required) of the performance evaluation. What are the key strengths and weaknesses of the organization? What changes would you recommend be made to the current organizational strategy?
Additional content could include: A discussion of any potential biases that could potentially impact the outcome of the decision-making process related to the continued success of the organization.
The PowerPoint presentation should include 12 to 14 slides. The first slide must be a Title Slide, and the Final Slide must be your Reference List. The audio presentation (voiceover) should be 15 to 20 minutes long. In addition to recording the Voiceover, the text of your Voiceover must be written into the â€œNotesâ€ section of each slide. Proper Grammar and spelling will be an important part of the assignment. So, be sure to perform a â€œSpell Checkâ€.
Important Note: One of the most important techniques to use in any PowerPoint presentation is to create clean, crisp slides that use a minimal number of â€œbullet pointsâ€. If the slide is too cluttered, the presentation suffers. Therefore, the â€œNotesâ€ section underneath each slide should be the place where all of the topics in that slide are thoroughly developed. Do not add the body of your presentation to the slides. Only incorporate the main â€œtalking pointsâ€, then use the Notes section to add all of the body, thereby creating a more professional and robust presentation.