Week 2 Individual Project
Deliverable length: Graph/chart and 1â€“2 pages
- Contrast multiple ways reservations enter the lodging operation
A good organizational structure and clear lines of communication channels can lead to an efficient lodging organization. Reservations can enter the lodging industry by way of individuals, groups, leisure travelers, and business travelers. As the web makes shopping prices much more accessible to consumers from all travel classes, there can also be a large disparity in rates offered for the same room.
For your assignment:
1. Select a hotel, type of room (king, 2 queens, single bed), as well as travel dates.
2. Search online and select 2 third party web sites that offer a variety of accommodations and determine the cost of your stay (include taxes, resort fees, parking, and any other additional fees) at your selected hotel from these two sites.
3. Make the same reservation directly with the property either online or via phone.
4. Compare all 3 total costs of stay (include taxes, resort fees, parking, and any other additional fees).
5. Evaluate the results and give an explanation of why the rates would be different for the same hotel, same room, and same length of stay.