Identify the two theories you selected at the top of the chart.
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Corey, M. S., Corey, G., & Corey, C. (2018). I have attached an example of the Venn Diagram and the Template that is supposed to be used. Please follow the instructions. I need this completed by 07/26/18 at 6pm.
Assignment: Theoretical Approaches Applied to Group Counseling
The orientation counselors have regarding their work is based on an awareness of their own personalities, preferences, and values, combined with the counseling theories that most reflect their understanding of members’ ways of thinking and behaving. This orientation influences the way counselors approach and facilitate group work.
At this point in your educational career, you may still be exploring counseling approaches and developing your own theoretical orientation. That is okay and expected. This Assignment is an opportunity to further explore the concepts, goals, therapeutic relationship, and techniques of counseling theories as they are applied to group work. Consider how you might incorporate elements of one or more of these approaches in your Group Proposal if you have not done so already.
- Review the articles in the Learning Resources and consider the different theoretical approaches to group counseling.
- View Program Three of the Evolution of a Group video, entitled “Lecturettes on Theoretical Approaches,” which includes psychodynamic, experiential and relationship-oriented, cognitive behavioral, post-modern (solution-focused, narrative, feminist, and multicultural), and integrative approaches.
- Download the Venn Diagram Template from the Learning Resources.
- Select two theories/approaches to compare for this Assignment. Note that since the Venn diagram example compares REBT and psychoanalytic theories, you should not select those two specific approaches for your comparison.
- Use the Venn Diagram Template to compare two theoretical approaches applied to group work.
- Identify the two theories you selected at the top of the chart.
- Compare the key concepts and focus (past childhood experiences, thoughts, feelings, relationships), goals, therapeutic relationship, leadership style, and techniques of each theory.
- On the outside portions of the diagram, list those characteristics that are unique to each theory/approach. In the middle of the diagram, list the characteristics that are common to both theories/approaches.