Prepare: Start by reviewing General Education Curriculum found in General Academic Information and Policies (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. in the Ashford University Catalog, which addresses the core competencies that the general education courses must cover: Applied Ethics, Communication, Information Technology, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning. Review Week 5 Resources that are applicable toward career success.
Reflect: Think about the core competencies as previously mentioned, and ponder your time taking general education courses. Reflect on the specific courses not associated with your college major and determine the level of new information you have acquired that relates to the core competencies. You must also think about a potential job you might apply to once you graduate and determine what skills you developed through general education courses that make you qualified for a specific job.
Write: For this discussion, you will address the following prompts:
- Review a job description through a job website (e.g., Career Builder (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., Monster (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., etc.) in your desired career field. Please provide the job title and the link to the job description.
- Identify at least five skills you have obtained through your general education courses that will make you successful at this job.
- Demonstrate with at least two examples how your newly acquired knowledge and skills have shaped both your personal and professional development.
- Describe your plans for putting your education to use within your community.
Your post should be at least 300 words in length
Coyle, J. P. (2010). Teaching writing skills that enhance student success in future employment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Collected Essays on Teaching and Learning, 3, 195-200. doi:10.22329/celt.v3i0.3262
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the ERIC database in the Ashford University Library. The author of this article stresses the importance for college students to develop better writing skills in college, because employers seek effective writers. The ability to write effectively can have a positive impact on work performance. This article will assist you with your Reflecting on General Education and Career discussion this week.
Neureiter, M., & Traut-Mattausch, E. (2016). An inner barrier to career development: preconditions of the impostor phenomenon and consequences for career development (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Frontiers in Psychology, 1-15. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00048
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. The authors of this article completed a study in which “imposter feelings” that lead to fears of failure and success decreased one’s ability to effectively plan a career and, thus, impacts one’s level of motivation. This article will assist you with your Reflecting on General Education and Career discussion this week.
The Muse. (2013, November 1). 9 questions that’ll help you find your dream career (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/dailymuse/2013/11/01/9-questions-thatll-help-you-find-your-dream-career/#222ce1fc23bb
- This article provides nine questions that help the reader think more about how to achieve the career they have always wanted. The questions focus on current skills and qualities that allows the reader decide if a career change is necessary. This article will assist you with your Reflecting on General Education and Career discussion this week.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.