Write 300-500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You will develop a research proposal based on a business, organizational problem, or topic that you want to explore. If you need help in finding a problem to explore, check the Successful Business Research text book in chapter 6 for more on asking the right questions. Also, the following Web sites can assist in finding an organizational issue:
- History of quality management Web site http://www.bpir.com/total-quality-management-history-of-tqm-and-business-excellence-bpir.com.html
- Total quality management information Web site http://businessknowledgesource.com/manufacturing/cat_total_quality_management.html
Types of Research:
Locate one peer reviewed journal article that reports the findings of a qualitative study and one that reports the findings of a quantitative study (you will need to cite both in your response).
Discuss the following:
- Explain the differences between academic and business research approaches.
- Explain why you as a researcher would choose which research approach (quantitative, qualitative or business) for their particular research question/problem.
- Using the worksheets in chapter 6 (pp. 37-41) examine how would you determine what area you will focus on for your research project and what questions you might be asking?
Each Bullet is its own response and paragraph. Site all work